- MyMoneyCheckUp - watch the presentation video
Free Online Financial Self-Assessment Tool by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
- Free Credit Report (the only official U.S. Federal Government-mandated and approved website)
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies - Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion - to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months. AnnualCreditReport.com is the only website authorized by the US Government to provide you with the free annual credit report you are entitled to under law. More info from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Free Credit Score (no credit card required)
- How to repair and improve your Credit Score
by myFICO, the consumer division of FICO
- Guide to Disputing Credit Report Errors and Inaccuracies
National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)
- Dealing with Debt
Consumer Information website by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
NFCC has branches throughout the country; they are a non-profit, community organization that provides free and confidential debt management advice to anyone who needs it. Call 1-800-388-2227 or use the Online Counseling Request System to find a NFCC-member Credit Counseling Agency near you.
- List of approved Credit Counseling Agencies
Government approved, by the United States Department of Justice
- Find a Credit Union near you
- Better Business Bureau